Stichting Air-Wave.org (Air-Wave.org) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This privacy statement sets out the basis on which we will process any personal information that we may collect about you as a visitor to our websiteor premises or a contact at one of our customers, suppliers or other business partners. We therefore ask you to read this privacy statement carefully.
The information that we collect about you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you give us: This is information about you that you give to us by: (i)making use of our website and the options on our website (g. in the event you would make a donation), (ii) corresponding with us by telephone, post, email or otherwise, (iii) contacting us for information or help, (iv) by becoming a donor via other ways than the internet,(vi) by participating in Air-Wave.org campaigns, and/or (vii) giving us a business card (or similar). It may include, for example, your name, address, email address and telephone number. We ask you to not provide any information that is not strictly necessary for the purposes for which you contact us.
- Information that our website and other systems collect about you:
- If you visit our website it will automatically connect some information about you and your visit, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet and some other information such as your browser type and version and the pages on our site that you visit. Our website may also download "cookies" to your device – this is described in our separate cookie statement.
- If you exchange emails, telephone conversations or other electronic communications with our board members and other staff members (including volunteers), our information technology systems will record details of those conversations, sometimes including their content.
- Other information: We may also collect some information from other sources. For example:
- If we have a business relationship with the organisation that you represent, your colleagues or other business contacts may give us information about you such as your contact details or details of your role in the relationship.
- We sometimes collect information from third party data providers or publicly available sources for anti-money-laundering, background checking and similar purposes, and to protect our business and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
The uses that we make of your information
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- to operate, administer and improve our website and other aspects of the way in which we conduct our operations;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and bring and defend legal claims;
- to operate, manage, develop and promote our business and, in particular, our relationship with the organisation you represent (if any) and related transactions – for example, for marketing purposes; and
- to make your actions known on our website and to third parties. For example, your name may appear together with your comments on our website. To inspire others to take action, we may also show your name and a summary of what you have just done on our website, for instance, if you make a donation; and
- to send you and call you about updates and alerts by email, mail and telephone.
We will only process your personal information as necessary so that we can pursue the purpose described above, and then only where we have concluded that our processing does not prejudice you or your privacy in a way that would override our legitimate interest in pursuing those purposes.
Your emails and other communications may also occasionally be accessed by persons other than the member of staff with whom they are exchanged for ordinary business management purposes (for example, where necessary when a staff member is out of the office or has left Air-Wave.org).
In exceptional circumstances we may also be required by law to disclose or otherwise process your personal information. We will tell you, when we ask you to provide information about yourself, if provision of the requested information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or, on the other hand, if it is purely voluntary and there will be no implications if you decline to provide the information. If you are uncertain as to Air-Wave.org's need for information that we request from you, please contact the Air-Wave.orgrepresentative asking for the information, or Contact us (see below), with your query.
Disclosure and international transfer of your information
We may disclose personal information about you where we have obtained your consent or where it is reasonably necessary for the various purposes set out above:
- to your colleagues within the organisation that you represent;
- to service providerswho host our website or other information technology systems or otherwise hold or process your information on our behalf, under strict conditions of confidentiality and security;
- in exceptional circumstances:
- to competent regulatory, prosecuting and other governmental agencies, or litigation counterparties,in any country or territory; or
- where we are required by law to disclose.
These disclosures may involve transferring your personal information overseas. If you are dealing with us within the European Economic Area, you should be aware that this may include transfers to countries outside the European Economic Area, which do not have similarly strict data privacy laws. In those cases, where we transfer personal data to other members of the Air-Wave.org group or our service providers, we will ensure that our arrangements with them are governed by data transfer agreements or mechanisms, designed to ensure that your personal information is protected (including, where appropriate, under an agreement on terms approved for this purpose by the European Commission)
Please Contact us (see below) if you would like to know whether any such agreements are in place or, if so, to see a copy.
Retention and deletion of your information
We intend to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. We will deletethe information that we hold about you when we no longer need it.
We will retain your information for no longer than 5 years after our most recent communication with you, after which it will be deleted or anonymised.
Contact us for more information.
You may have a right of access to the personal information that we hold about you, and to some related information, under data protection law.
- You can also require any inaccurate personal information to be corrected or deleted.
- You can object to our use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes at any time and you may have the right to object to our processing of some or all of your personal information (and require them to be deleted) in some other circumstances.
- In some circumstances, you may also have a "data portability" right to require us to transfer your personal data to you or to a new service provider.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please Contact us as set out below. We are obliged to request proof of identity before access to your personal information is given.
If you would like us to remove your information from our mailing list, you can click the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email we sent to you or Contact us as set out below.
You can also lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal information with the body regulating data protection in your country (details are available here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm). In the Netherlands, this is the Dutch Data Protection Authority (AutoriteitPersoonsgegevens, www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl).
We welcome questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy statement and our processing of personal information.
Please email us on email@example.com
Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to this privacy statement in the future will be posted to our website. Please check back frequently to see any changes.
Last updated: 29/03/2020